Fashion Week is the Super Bowl of fashion where the biggest names of fashion unveil their latest designs on the runways of Paris and New York.
This industry lives and breathes by the critics reviews, hoping to have their latest design grace the cover of Vogue. More important however, is the financial hope that major department stores will choose their designs, and it will become the “must have” this season.
I watched a documentary about this, after seeing some of their designs, I wondered – what planet are they from? Or maybe what planet would I be seen wearing those clothes? For certain, I don’t think under any circumstances would I ever consult one of them for fashion advice. If I do please call the prayer chain and add my name… Immediately!
For this coming season I did manage to find “a must have list” and it will do wonders for real women who live in the real world and enjoy a sense of style. The designer may be familiar to you.
His accessories will never grace the major runways, but will make a bold fashion statement for our Lord, and transform our lives. Let’s look at those now in Colossians 3:12-14.
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, CLOTHE yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. … vs. 14 And over all these virtues put on love which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
Clothing ourselves with these virtues will help to impact our world for God’s Kingdom. Not only would we be the “best dressed” in our circle of influence, we will be in-vogue with the ultimate designer – our Lord God. So let’s get dressed with the fashion accessories from God’s Word in Colossians and make a fashion statement for eternity.
Fashion Scene for Spring: It’s a Big Mix of Familiar and New Pieces
- Anything Emerald Green. That means handbags, sandals, sunglasses, jeans, tops and jackets.
- The new long cardigan. Especially the long, boyfriend cardigan that’s cozy and chic,
- Peasant top. Look for a billowy top that’s embroidered or embellished or has a fun print or pattern.
- Novelty skirt. Long, tiered, or short and, sassy. Just remember that modest is the hottest. ☺
- Maxi dress. Bold print or maybe one in a more subtle solid. (I think I will leave this to the younger generation. I am of the age where I ask-is it just me—or is it hot in here?)
- Spring scarf. It continues to be the must-have accessory these days.
- Statement necklace. BIG AND BOLD. But remember-select what looks good on you and what you like.
- Tribal sandals. Details jewels and beading. Who knew footwear had to be so complicated.